- Ivory Tower:A state of loneliness that gives smart people an opportunity to think about important successful ideas.
- I am alright. I just need to be in my ivory tower to make a final decision.
- Artists like to sit in their ivory tower before making beautiful art.
Know your onions:
To have a thorough knowledge about something.
- Before commenting on someone casually, know your onions!
- Jack passed the advanced level test in physics. It just goes to show how clearly he knows his onions.
Aquery or puzzle that hardly requires any mental effort to solve.
- Dont spend too much time on the first ten questions. They are the easiest and a no-brainer.
- It’s a no-brainer to understand what is going to happen in the next episode of Big Boss.
Exceedingly well read:
A literate and educated person
- Watch Mr. President’s interviews! He is extremely well-read.
- She is not interested in looks but a man who is extremely well read.
Fools rush in where angel fear to tread:
Those with less intelligence attempt to do something that wiser people have forbidden to do.
- Room number 201 is haunted. It’s one of those places where only fools rush where even angels fear to tread.
It’s no brain surgery
A easy an uncomplicated task
- Making two minute noodles is a no brain surgery.
- Booking an Uber will take you just a few seconds. It’s no brain Surgery.
Someone who is excited to bring positive changes with new ideas.
- The new manager has a lot of interesting ideas to implement.
- Everybody calls him the young turf of the company!
To smell a rat
Be able to sense a problem in an otherwise stable condition.
- I hope you havet lost anything. Your expressions don’t suggest it though. Why do I smell a rat?
- Don’t be sceptical. Everything is fine now!
- Dont smell a rat in every little situation.
Know the ropes
Have experience of the appropriate procedures.
- Henry knows the ropes of the ethane experiment very well He has done it several times.
- Drill down To be able to examine something in depth
- You must visit Dr. Sharma. He’ll be able to drill down the exact ailment.
- Scientists were able to drill down the exact cause of the failed experiment.
Cut to the chase
- Be able to come to the point (inf)
- Please don’t beat around the bush, be cut to the chase!